JOIN THE BLACK FILM SPACE TEAM
We are expanding our team starting January 2019! We are seeking committed and flexible team members to support us in the expansion of Black Film Space.
The perks of being part of the Black Film Space team is that you can attend all our events for free (with exception of the screenwriting retreat), your network will expand exponentially, and you can be part of a fast growing grassroots organization. These positions are unpaid.
Please read the following carefully to confirm we are a good match.
We need team members who have a flexible schedule. If you work a fast paced 9 to 5 job or are on set 12 hours a day, 5 days a week then this probably isn’t for you.
Also, expect to be contacted all hours of the day. We won’t call you at 2am, but we might text or call you at 9am or 10pm.
We ask that you are committed for the entire year of 2019. Expect to work 5 to 7 hours per week.
We are seeking team players who will take the initiative and support other teammates when needed.
(2) Event Organizers
- Book venues and guests.
- Host 1 screenwriting workshop every month.
- Host a few events such as panels, professionally led workshops, mixers, etc... throughout the year.
- Research and reach out to podcast guests
- Edit podcast
- Upload podcasts to multiple streaming outlets
- Create Flyers and other promotional materials
- Update and tweak website and Meet Up page
- Write & send newsletters on e-mail and Meet Up
(2) Social Media Managers
- Manage Instagram & Facebook group
- Reach out to potential social media partners
(2) Administrative Assistants
- Reply to e-mails and organizing inbox
- Update and organize documents
- Order products
- Organize Photos
If you're interested in joining our team, e-mail us with the subject: JOIN THE TEAM.
In a few sentences, please let us know what position you're interested in and why you would like to join the Black Film Space team.